"We Three"

"We Three"

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Simply sublime day, so far...


Have I mentioned how much I love shopping? And two of my favorite spots are Dick Blick and Anthropoligie, which just happen to be right around the corner from one another. Only glitch is that they are in Berkeley, a little 40 minute drive south and across the Bay, but ever so worth the trouble. My friend and I chatted all the way down, solved our own, each other's, and most everyone else's problems. My thrust at this art supply store was accessories for my new media, soft pastels. Friend commented that every new media requires about $100 of expense. This one has done me in for almost twice that, and I have so far only completed three little ouevres, all pretty weak. But I think that is because I didn't have the right equipment, which includes a dandy how-to book, a compartmented storage box with see-through lid, tortillions, chamois, sponge brushes, ink pencils, charcoal pencils, dedicated palette knife, suitable erasers, starter set plus 5 new hues of Sennelier soft pastels, a few oil pastels, painter's tape, a new lightweight drawing board, watercolor brushes, fixative, gum turpentine, and watercolor paper. The portfolio is packed for a class tomorrow morning, one offered to seniors by the JC. Now, if I can get up early enough, I will be off to learn all about these very expensive chalk sticks. Won't be wearing my new jacket I got at Anthropologie that fits perfectly and is just foofoo enough without being over the top, and was on SALE (favorite word in the language, that). All in all, a successful morning, and there is still $90 on the gift card to spend! More shopping awaits.

No comments: