"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How to spruce up a little bitty bathroom...


... put a really BIG painting on the wall. Here is my little hommage to my wrinkle cream, hairspray, and white cork-topped jar, a pastel I diddled up in the middle of my muddle. The frame was just sitting there, on the SALE table, and looked enormous, and a fabulous bargain at $10. I bought it not knowing what I would do with it, thinking of watercolor paintings that are languishing in a cardboard portfolio somewhere in a dusty corner of the studio. Then I decided to frame this painting, because I was all tuckered out and didn't want to search for something else, and it was still sitting on the drawing board, so to speak, waiting for me to pronounce it finished. It isn't signed, so maybe it isn't. I just know it really perks things up, hanging as it is to the left of the toilet. Hell, art should be everywhere. And now it is.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I think it makes the room!

Karen Martin Sampson said...

Hang art in bathrooms, near closets (maybe IN closets for that fun "surprise" when you open it), ... heck, I have a painting over my kitchen sink and under the shelves that hold tea cups, decorative plates, sugar bowls and other stuff. A bunch of art grouped going down the stairway to the front door. No such thing as the "wrong" place to hang some art in my opinion