"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

I really don't feel so badly now...


One enterprising author has done a book on the studios of current popular artists, so I went to Amazon.com, one of my favorite browsing denizens, to check them out. My, those folks are messy buggers. I think my studio is just awful. It is always full of stuff: supplies, books, completed works, not so completed works, easels (3), a paintbox or two, portfolios full of drawings, watercolors, etc. Every so often I muck it out, but at the moment, without renting a storage unit, it is pretty much unmuckable. I artfully shot my photos of it around the sewing machine and ironing board which now are residing there, too, until I finish major crafting project for little kiddo's wedding, which will be months in the doing. But, after seeing shriveled paint tubes, splatters all over the floor, brushes encrusted forever to the tops of tables I am happy with my little area of creativity. Many wondrous moments were spent doing these tiny works. Whatever, they are mine. And that is my AA in art (with high honors) gracing the teeny tiny drafting table. It is all terribly precious.

No comments: