"We Three"

"We Three"

Monday, January 03, 2011

That was the year that was...


Strange year, last one. Besides a lot of life on life's terms, stuff that just happened and needed to be endured or dealt with, there was this blossoming of art happening. I took a lot of risks, tried some new stuff, and created piles of paintings. Dr. Oz says this is the way to keep the old gray cells perking, make new neural networks, flex the plasticity of the brain. Otherwise, it gets all hard and brittle and doesn't connect anything to anything any more. Well, here's to newness, and experimentation, to failures and successes, to courage even when I think it is crap. Did I mention I sold three paintings last year? And one already this year? It's precious when I like one of them. When someone else does, that's priceless.

2 comments:

Kay said...

you sound successful!

Karen Martin Sampson said...

Sounds good! Keep those little grey cells hopping! Your work has a definite charm - keep painting!