"We Three"

"We Three"

Monday, July 04, 2005

Bananas, Russians and other thoughts...

I got this e-mail about bananas that was mind-blowing. They are good for everything, chock full of great stuff, most of which I can't remember, and it took a while before I remembered to buy some. Then I had to get something to go with them, so I picked up some organic cereal. That didn't quite peak my appetite, so I got some strawberries and Cool Whip, and had a Belgian waffle with all that heaped on top. Now I am bursting with goodness and ready to begin the day. And I just realized I am listening to Russian music on this Independence Day morning. Oh, well. It is quiet and lovely here in the little yellow house. Roommate is off, working, bless her soul. I have studying to do for yet another test, and a presentation to get together, too. Not a bad way to spend the day. It occurs to me that my life is a little boring. Actually, I am thinking of writing a book about how to live with oneself, alone. Because if I am not happy now, all by myself, I will not be happy later, with someone. It is challenging. Solitude need not be loneliness, you know. It can be blessed. Ah, here is the 1812 Overture. That works, what with the cannons and bells and all that brouhaha. Russian fireworks.

No comments: