"We Three"

"We Three"

Monday, July 25, 2005

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

I'm with Meredith on last night's (rerun) Grey's Anatomy; adulthood is overrated. All these decisions to make, checkbooks to balance, and oh my God, traffic. I can see the allure of dementia, where someone else does the dirty work like cleaning the bathroom. My current headache is that the college keeps bumping me off when I try to register at their weblink. First I thought that maybe I was not in the system to be able to register for more than 9 units. Not so, my counselor, Martha, told me. Then we decided that the computer could not find that I had taken a prerequisite, Eng. 1A (well, it was 43 years ago), so I filled out this nifty affidavit and hoofed across campus to Bailey Hall to stand in line and give it to the harried clerk. He twiddled his keyboard and called out "next", so I figured I was all set. I decided to go home then, and do the deed from my own private keyboard, somehow registering in public right there at school seemed kind of indecent, like I might screw up and someone would see me doing it. This was late in the day on Thursday, of course, and the school is not open on Friday, so another weekend has gone by and I am not registered. Another thing to take care of today, and I still have to study. Tomorrow's my final exam, and I am still murky on Adler and all this really general guessing the experts have done on the origin of personality. Sometimes I think God just loves watching me jump through hoops.

No comments: