"We Three"

"We Three"

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The truly shocking truth...

I just finished Harry Potter VI, and am as shocked as I can be. Won't divulge the ending, as everyone should have their own copy to relish. I tried to stretch it out, actually taking time to do my life in between bouts of reading. Then the last 100 pages gripped me yesterday, and now I am seriously in Harry Potter withdrawal, again. I can only say the next book is going to be a humdinger. And poor Harry. I had to be seriously nagged before I picked up the first book (there were 4 books out by then), and they were like popcorn. I read the third before the second because I had not paid attention to the order of publication, and forestalled reading the 4th waiting for the paperback. It never arrived, and I bought it with a Barnes & Noble gift certificate I got for my birthday (bless you, Steven). I never pay retail for books. Never. The fifth book was a Mother's Day gift (bless you, Amber). Harry is a bright light in this world where they just made a movie of The Dukes of Hazzard, possibly the worst TV show in the history of the medium. Bless you, J. K. Rowling.

No comments: