"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, July 22, 2005

Ode to the Ziploc Bag.

I don't know how I lived without them. My freezer is full of gallon-sized Ziplocs full of Costco muffins. And I keep my veggies in them, where they stay nice and fresh instead of dissolving into mush in the bottom of their store bags. And whoever thought up those red & blue strips that meld together to make purple deserves a big hug, too. People who are digitally challenged, like me, need little helps like that. There are so many things like that in my life now, things that didn't exist when I was a kid, in the mid 40's. Like television. Not HDTV, just television. I got my first VCR 23 years ago, the first of many I would later own, and my first DVD player came along a mere 4 years ago. I said goodbye to my 8 track player, and my laser disc machine, you know, those CD's on steroids that were the size of a vinyl record. And my turntable is on the fritz, but I still have those stored away, just in case I get a few $$$ ahead and can afford to get it fixed. All my young and tender memories are imprinted on those dingy black discs.

No comments: