"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Menopausal woman's favorite sport...

Playing hide and seek with my keys again this morning. Now, this is nothing new. No, it is not like this never happens and all of a sudden those little suckers up and disappear. We go through this dance together a couple of times a week. I don't like to get up too early, though I wake around 6 and again around 7:30. I like to just stretch out on my 3 inch memory foam and luxuriate in the knowledge that I don't have to get up and go to work. Isn't that what retirement is all about, anyway? So I have about an hour before I have to be at school to find them. This is not fun, either. It produces lots of stress; my sympathetic nervous system gets all riled up. I know they are here, in the house. And I know they are not in my purse or in the pocket of yesterday's capris. Once I found them in the garbage can. Well there was a very good reason they were there, actually. I had been cleaning out the car, and they were in my hand when I dumped all those muffin papers and empty latte cups on my way into the house. And once they went through the wash in the pocket of my jeans. Not a good idea, but surprise, the little zapper thing still worked! Well, I'm off to hunt under the bed, through the closet where they may have snuck out of that pocket, etc. I need a zapper to tell me where my zapper is.

No comments: