"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, July 15, 2005

Dreaming...

After I got done with my dreaded presentation yesterday, and got my scintillating grade, I could sit back and watch my fellow students struggle through theirs. Some really knew their stuff, but were as stiff as boards, unable to utter a word that was not on their transperancy or in their slide show. Another group bypassed this humiliation by making a very inventive video, complete with soundtrack. The subject was consciousness, always a favorite of mine. The most interesting concept of consciousness is, of course, dreams. I loved that the group in the video used a lot of 50's music, like Sleepwalk and the Everly brothers Dre-e-e-e-eam, Dream, Dream, Dream, though only the teacher and I got the joke. In their honor, I had a pip of a dream just before waking: I was in church and making change in the collection basket (we often do this when passing the basket at AA meetings). When I looked at the money, I realized that I had taken a $50 instead of a $5. The basket had moved far away by then, so I was determined that I would give it back. Of course. On my way to do that, I found myself rationalizing, thinking that I had given very generously in the past and the church probably owed me at least this much. Now, isn't that interesting, in light of all the stuff psych class has stirred up about my childhood. I'm keeping my $50. It is only a down payment, after all.

No comments: