"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, July 01, 2005

Surprise in a $8.87 box this time...

It's difficult to be authentic if you dye your hair. I deviated from my usual $17.97 super-special highlighting kit and tried on a "medium reddish brown" this time, which is very close to my once-upon-a-time real color, the one God bought. It goes best with my eyebrows and brown eyes. I guess it was kind of a set. Anyway, it is a little redder than I thought. Violently so. Yet, I like it. I mean, if I am going to do this anyway, it might as well be audacious, right? And, yes, I would like to be brave enough to meet the world in my natural state, but I think what happens as I age is really rude. All kinds of things get taken away, like the ability of my flesh to cling to my bones and that amazing hair color that would fade to red in the summer chlorine bath I gave it. At least I can still put my jeans on standing up. This is a gift of Stan Bennett's Gym. And I still feel really young, inside. We have only one mirror in the house. That's enough these days.

No comments: